In the event that classrooms are at capacity, a waitlist will be established and maintained by members of Administration. During COVID-19, priority placement of children will take place using the following considerations:
- Families who were already enrolled full time in the school
- Children with siblings attending another program within the school
- Children of essential workers or other professionals that require work outside of the home
- Families without access to alternative care
- Families with special circumstances that would benefit from children returning to care, such as children with special needs
- Based on a proactive “move-up” planning strategy
A waitlist will be maintained in accordance with the initial contact day. When an interested party makes contact by phone and/or email, a Waitlist Application will be provided.
The length of time that an incoming child will be eligible for any given age group will be considered in the context of the “move-up” planning strategy. Should the first child on the wait list be very close in age to moving up to the next age group, and there will be no space available in the next age group, the next child on the list may be admitted first.
All applications remain on file unless it has been requested to be removed. A member of Administration frequently reviews the waitlist and will move applications into the next age group, should a candidate age out of the requested program. Should a space be available, the family will be contacted and provided information regarding the space available, fees, intake information, etc. The space will be available for acceptance for 48 hours, before moving onto the next application.
Kendalwood Montessori does not charge a fee or deposit to be placed onto the Waitlist.
Toggle Content goes here